Utica Municipal Housing Authority Redevelopment
- In Progress, Planning, Residential
- Utica, NY
- Utica Municipal Housing Authority
- Date Completed
- In Progress
- Preliminary planning of a city-wide, public housing redevelopment
- Focused on recreating public housing that is indistinguishable from local market-rate housing
- Intends to enhance the quality of life for residents and the community
- Redevelops 800+ mid-twentieth century housing units
Architecteam worked with the Utica Municipal Housing Authority to develop conceptual site plans to reimagine the Housing Authorities’ public housing portfolio. The vision was to recreate the various developments with an improved focus on creating internal neighborhoods that are indistinguishable from those in market-rate housing. Pedestrian-friendly circulation and distribution of green space throughout were also designed into these concepts.
Planning continues regarding this transformative redevelopment.